Want to try something new with our cider? Here are a few very simple cider cocktails that don’t require any special mixology tools or know-how. Enjoy!
2 ounces rum/whiskey/applejack
Pour the rum into a pint glass, add 1 or 2 ice cubes, and fill with hard cider.
1/2 ounce Okanagan Spirits blackcurrant liqueur
Pour chilled blackcurrant liqueur into a champagne flute.
Top with The Hostler.
1/2 ounce Okanagan Spirits blackcurrant (or other fruit) liqueur
1/2 ounce cardamom simple syrup*
1. Pour the Hostler in the wine glass, leaving 1oz headspace
2. Stir in the cardamom simple syrup
3. Carefully pour the liqueur down the inside of the glass (or use an eyedropper) for a beautiful layered effect, or alternatively stir it in along with the simple syrup in step 2.
*To make cardamom simple syrup combine equal amounts of sugar and water (about 1 cup each) in a pot on the stovetop until sugar dissolves. Pour into a jar with 1-2tsp cardamom seeds or pods (available at Simply Delicious). Refrigerate for 24-48 hours for best flavour. Syrup will keep in fridge for a week.
4-5 Bottles of The Hostler
1-2 Cups Brown Sugar (depending on taste – start with 1 and increase)
Mulling Spices including cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, & star anise.*
1 apple – thinly sliced horizontally to reveal “star” inside
1 orange – sliced horizontally into rings
1/2 cup whole fresh cranberries
Generous splash of rum or bourbon
1: Add all ingredients to a crockpot or stovetop.
2. Let simmer on low for 3-4 hours until flavours have melded.
* Wrapping the spices in muslin or cheesecloth and securing with a string will make it easier to serve cider