As our province moves through the summer of 2020 it is important to us that you can visit our cidery and be safe. We have implemented the following measures to help ensure guest and staff safety. It has been created with reference to WorksafeBC, The Ministry of Health, The BC Wine Institute, and the BC Restaurant and Food Association. We ask that all guests adhere to these requirements and respect staff requests for compliance.
Social Distancing & Capacity
The following practices are implemented to ensure ample social distancing and support provincial health guidelines for occupancy.
– Limiting guests on all parts of the property (orchard, picnic area, tasting room, and patio) to a total of 100 patrons during the day, and 50 for live music events.
– Promoting social distancing through signs, decals on floor,and spacing tables at least 6 feet apart
– Tape on floor to indicate social distancing at point of sale, as well as sneeze guards hung at POS.
– Groups will be seated at their own table, or at large trestle tables be seated 6 feet apart if from different groups.
– Maximum group size is 6 people
– The name and phone number of one guest from each group will be retained for 30 days to facilitate contact tracing (does not apply to customers for to-go bottle purchases)
– Double doors will be open during open hours to allow for a 6 foot contact-less access to tasting room.
– Tap card payment encouraged over cash
– Plexiglass barrier installed at pizza oven
– Culinary staff will not serve guests directly to minimize exposure risk
-Tours will no longer go through interior Production space but will be hosted fully outside
– Tours will be limited to 6 people at a time, with only individual groups accepted at once.
– Guests will be issued a new glass for each sample on tours
– Guests will be distanced a minimum of 6 feet from the stage and not allowed to dance or mingle at concerts in groups they are not attending with
– All deliveries are received outside minimizing contact with drivers
Cleaning & Sanitizing Initiatives
The following practices are in place to support increased cleaning and sanitizing at the cidery.
– Hand sanitizer stations are available at entrance, at bathrooms, at point of sale, and on patio
– Guests will be greeted by host prior to being seated to ensure table has been properly cleared and sanitized and capacity is being adhered to
– Washrooms, door handles, and high-touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized on a increased posted schedule
– Staff clearing and sanitizing tables will wear masks and gloves to reduce their exposure risk
– Dishwasher for glassware and pizza boards will be monitored daily to ensure sanitary temperatures are reached
– The culinary team works in a small bubble with increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
– Employees have been required to increase handwashing including arrival at work, before and after breaks, after using the washroom, after coughing, sneezing, or nose blowing, and after touching their personal phones
– Employees have signed a written agreement to not come to work if displaying symptoms of COVID-19. A temporary sick pay policy has been implemented to ensure they are supported in self-isolating if time is taken off.
– Employees will be supported to request any guests displaying signs of COVID-19 to leave the property immediately.
Thank-you for supporting our cidery and our commitment to fostering community in a safe manner.
4667 East Vernon Road
Heading East on Silverstar/48th
Turn Right on Pleasant Valley Rd
Turn Left on 46th/Carew/BX Rd